Are you an experienced hospitality sales leader looking to make a big impact?
Are you ready to help people go places?
This may be the role for you!
The General Manager, Destination Markets will join the Expedia Local Expert (LX) team, one of the fastest growing business at Expedia. You will be responsible for leading Orlando, this role is a key position to help us align our in-destination operations, systems and practices as well as set the future vision for our in-destination strategy. The leader will set the tone and culture for a broad organization of 200+
You will have direct responsibility for the in market P&L performance. You will work with other leaders in LX and the broader Expedia Group team to advocate for the in-destination commercial needs. You will support key relationships with hotel, activities and ground transfer partners in Orlando in partnership with Lodging Partner Services and LX Supply teams. As the successful leader you will help us find alignment to grow both our in-destination and online business across these markets.
- Understand the customer and work to delight them every time creating a memorable experience for every trip
- Deliver results daily, weekly, monthly, owning the full P&L.
- Use EG platforms to run the business, specifically as it relates to data science and machine learning, to drive improvements in the customer, concierge and partner experience
- Understand and mechanize inputs and outputs of the business and driving improvements in key business areas like product, price, cost, delivery, quality, etc.
- Partner with supply, marketing and the Lodging Partner Services teams to achieve results while simultaneously deepening and maintaining these trusted and collaborative relationships ensure Expedia is seen as a valued partner and appropriately involved in business decisions
- Operationalize processes, standardize execution and automate where possible using EG technology to drive such standardization where viable
- Hire, develop and mentor leaders and concierges ensuring the development of requisite sales, management, and leadership skills in the concierge team
- 10+ years’ experience leading Orlando hospitality, business development and/or end to end operations
- Results oriented, self-starter with a strong desire to drive business by developing and coaching people
- Capable of navigating senior management, understand the political pressures of an organization but yield a positive outcome
- Evaluate trade-offs across Local Expert businesses and influence people internally to prioritize the best outcome for EG
- Strong knowledge of travel distribution and statistical and analytical capabilities
- Technical aptitude and the ability to operate and thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- College degree or equivalent years of experience, MBA preferred
– Availability and willingness to travel over 25% – 40% of the time
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
(After Registration, you will be redirected to this job Apply page automatically)