At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Documentation (WFCRD) team is responsible for the coordination, assessment and execution of Wholesale Banking’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Program. Specifically, WFCRD ensures that Wholesale Banking complies with Wells Fargo’s Enterprise BSA/AML Program and applies the Enterprise Program to Wholesale Banking to effectively manage BSA/AML risk. WFCRD provides the central governance for all Wholesale Banking lines of business (“LOB”) to drive consistency in approach, interpretation and execution, while coordinating and partnering with each LOB financial crimes team to ensure accountability and ownership remain within each LOB. This team will report through the Wholesale Group Control Executive in the first line of defense, which is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all risks, including BSA/AML, within Wholesale Banking. WFCRD will partner with line of business (“LOB”), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Group Risk Office (in particular Financial Crimes Risk & Compliance), Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
This role is responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services, initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk. They will provide leadership in the management of relationships and integration/implementation of programs/initiatives with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of completing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Works with functional management to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment with Wells Fargo strategy/policies and business line objectives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. Manages a team to accomplish the work. This leader interacts with the line of business (LOB) and Corporate Offices (Wells Fargo Audit Services and Financial Crimes Risk Management).
The Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Documentation Manager will lead her/his team and partner with WFCRC financial crimes subject matter experts to create, manage, and maintain WFCRC inventory of BSA/AM program risk documentation including: program policies, standards, guidance, process/procedures, job aids, and other program risk requirements documentation that are critical for the Wholesale LOBs to meet BSA/AML requirements and risk controls. Partnering with the WFCRC subject matter experts (SMEs), Financial Crimes Risk Management, Corporate Risk Management, and other risk leaders, the leader will be responsible for the risk requirements documentation in the following WFCBRC areas:
- Strategic Controls and Analytics
- Program Framework, Reporting/Administration, Audit and Exam Management
- Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD
- AML and Sanctions
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Fraud and Identity Theft
- Control Strategy and Implementation
- Financial Crimes Operations
- Know Your Customer (KYC) Onboarding
- EDD Underwriting
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Risk Intelligence
- Financial Crimes Control Effectiveness Assurance
This leader, through her/his team, will ensure documentation consistency in hierarchy and content (applying in-depth understanding of BSA/AML requirements and risk controls in Wells Fargo, Wholesale, and in the industry) and format (consistent with Wells Fargo brand standards). The leader will build/maintain a single, user-facing document library in an online repository (SharePoint) that is accessible to Wholesale LOBs, WFCBRC, Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM), Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS), and other key WFCBRC stakeholders.
The team will partner with WFCRC Communications & Training team to convey the documents in an effort to educate, equip, and empower WFCRC stakeholders to effectively manage financial crimes risks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience maintaining WFCRC’s inventory of BSA/AML program documentation including: program standards, guidance, process/procedures, job aids, and other program requirements and risk documentation that are critical for the Wholesale LOBs to meet BSA/AML requirements and risk controls, or similar program.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership/management in the LOBs and in Wells Fargo’s risk organizations
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups including senior leadership/management
- Experience building and maintaining a single, user-facing document library in an online repository (SharePoint)
- Leadership ability to motivate team members, actively lead and facilitate discussions, and drive toward decisions that are in the best interest of Wells Fargo and our customers
- Thorough understanding of CIP/CDD/EDD requirements and risk controls
- Experience assessing issues, making quick decisions, implementing solutions, and influencing change
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and attention to detail and quality deliverables
- 6+ years’ Financial Services Industry at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with at least 2 years in Wholesale Banking or similar experience
- In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Crimes, BSA/AML programs specific to Wholesale Banking or similar experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.