Alamo Steel has an immediate opening for a dedicated WAREHOUSE SALES ACCOUNTING CLERK
Alamo Structural Steel, a division of FabSouth is one of the leading steel manufacturers in the United States. Our products are used around the world in construction and manufacturing. We are currently seeking a Warehouse Sales Accounting Clerk.* This position will be based out of our Waco, TX *location.
Warehouse Accounting Clerk will be responsible for managing and maintaining all billing and accounting demands for our Warehouse Sales Department. They will work directly with the Warehouse Sales Manager and Lead Manager and will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Enter and balance accounts receivable and payable on a daily basis
- Track deposits made to bank and handle deposits and transfers
- Track and maintain all invoices and transaction history
- Maintain orderly financial filing
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, refunds, returns and other miscellaneous charges
- Reconcile accounts
- Balance invoices
- Maintain relationships with dealers and suppliers from Warehouse Sales
- Obtain approval and satisfy vendor statements
- Prepare and gain approval for PO’s
- Scan and file and log documents
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced oral and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Availability Monday-Friday 8am sharp-5pm with occasional weekends requested and occasional request to work afterhours during month-end and inventory scheduling
- Ability to commit fulltime without time off during probationary period of 90 days
- Proficient in Excel- specifically with formulas
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and high stress while remaining professional
- Some Accounting education preferred
- Stellar problem-solving abilities required
- Ability to work independently and use resources to make judgements independently
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Superb organization skills
- Administrative experience desired
- Ability to develop a fact-check system before submitting any final statements
- Ability to work in a dynamic construction-type of environment
- Demonstrate cooperation and ability to work with the accounting team to do what is necessary to complete daily departmental tasks
Benefits are available after 90 days of service with Alamo Structural Steel once a permanent position has been offered. aims to assist our employees in all areas of life: physical, financial, and personal wellness through a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Alamo Structural Steel s an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, genetic information or any other protected class. Job promotions at Alamo Structural Steel will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
******PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT DIRECTLY. CONTACT HR FOR INQUIRIES AND TO SCHEDULE INTERVIEWS.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $38,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waco, TX 76708 (Preferred)
- Other types of insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
Full Time Opportunity:
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.