The Travel Sales Representative is responsible for selling a full range of YMT Vacations products though inbound and outbound call and email leads. The Travel Sales Representative turns the lead into a sale (no cold calling) by presenting a quality review of products to guests and helping the guest to ascertain which tours suit their personal travel goals.
To effectively sell YMT products, the Travel Sales Representative must maintain a thorough knowledge of all available tours and display the ability to approach a fast-paced and constantly changing industry with flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude.This role may be required to work occasional overtime, weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), and holidays.
- Handle inbound & outbound calls; proactively determine caller needs by using product knowledge and sales expertise to facilitate the purchase of vacation packages.
- Maintain thorough contact records and make outbound calls to follow up on leads.
- Close sales and maintain consultative relationship with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Complete company-provided training programs and seek additional destination knowledge.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and ensure a reputable representation of YMT Vacations.
- Take appropriate steps to meet monthly sales goals; consistently achieve and/or exceed daily KPIs (lead entry rate, follow-up rate, e-mail pick-up rate, etc.).
- Adhere to department guidelines for day-to-day responsibilities including phone and web etiquette, attendance, accurate data entry/contact information capture.
- Minimum one year of sales experience.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain professionalism in high pressure situations.
- Strong computer aptitude and skills to quickly grasp new software; must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Personal travel experience in cruising, motor-coach tours and international travel.
- Experience in a telesales environment.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or certification.
- Travel industry experience.
- Customer service experience is an advantage!
YMT Vacations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.