The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical. Companies looking for local and global deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, it’s the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
As a Transaction Support Manager you’ll be right at the heart of the action. You’ll work with many of the world’s largest financial services organizations on some of the most complex deals. You’ll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You’ll be working in a team environment with financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects in the financial services sector. Our team works to understand the client’s business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in Transaction Support you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You’ll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also be helping develop staff and seniors ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Significant public accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm.
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.