To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategizes/preplans on how to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures account compliance where applicable.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customer’s needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
- Makes regular sales calls to designated (on/off/combo) accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Demonstrates consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Recommends, creates/designs wine lists utilizing full knowledge of the supplier(s) portfolio.
- Exhibits discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Reviews customers’ credit status, collects monies owed for product and partners with the accounting department on a weekly basis to ensure accounts remain in good standing.
- Assists customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Merchandises off-sale/retail accounts and resets shelf space, cold box and builds displays to correspond with supplier promotions and incentive programs.
- Ensures order information is captured accurately, works with the Company’s sales system and conducts day-to-day sales order entry.
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Participates in sales meetings, on-site training, and winery/distiller tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Three (3) years wine selling experience in related industry required.
- Possess solid consultative sales abilities.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Strong accounting skills, and proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle, valid driver’s license and required insurance limits.
Applications are only accepted online, 24-hours per day, Double Eagle Distributing, Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Outside Sales: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Repetitive lifting
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.