Our Federal Tax practice is all about providing authoritative tax guidance and planning for long-term assets, as well as legislative insights into tax policy. We work on some of the most complex tax cases around, and our clients look to us to translate those challenges into simple, effective tax strategies. As a Quantitative Services Manager, you’ll play a key part in that goal. It’s a high-profile, deeply entrepreneurial role, where you’ll personally manage operations with your own portfolio of prestigious clients. This work commonly includes automatic and non-automatic accounting method changes. Our practice includes; FDII, BEAT, GILTI Planning, Sec. 199A, R&D Credits, Meals & Entertainment, Sec.199, Revenue & Expense Recognition, Sec.174, Cost Segregation, Capitalization & Cost Recovery, Transaction Costs, Lobbying Expense Analysis and Inventory/UNICAP.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive federal tax experience with compliance and strategic planning, providing clients an integrated service that adds significant value to their tax function. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, you’ll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholders and playing a critical role in building a better working world. Additionally, you’ll be part of a rapidly growing team that’s seen plenty of investment recently, with the aim to double in size by 2020. You’ll see that reflected in the growing breadth of opportunities you’ll be able to access. With support from some of the most engaging professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your technical tax, management, marketing and business experience considerably.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time managing multiple clients, so your ability to seamlessly move and prioritize efforts across accounts will be a vital part of the role. Put simply, everything you do will come back to developing and improving tax planning strategies, as well as our tools and processes. We’ll also look to you to identify opportunities for new business. That will mean collaborating with colleagues across the business and facilitating new relationships that meet currently unmet client needs in a wide range of areas. Since you’ll be directly communicating with our clients, some travel may be necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
- Preparing effective approaches to our clients’ tax needs and identifying new business opportunities
- Developing and executing authoritative strategic plans
- Understanding, communicating and influencing intelligent decision making in complex tax areas
- Provide timely and high-quality tax advice, tax planning services, and work products that exceed client expectations
- Build long-lasting client relationships, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements and building business development opportunities
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, as well as approximately 5 years of related work experience, OR a graduate degree in tax or law, and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- A valid US CPA or licensed attorney designation
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation
- The ability to learn and communicate complex tax and industry concepts to clients
- Confidence in your ability to organize and prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- Excellent leadership, managerial, organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of EY personnel and client personnel
- Executive presence and ability to be the primary contact on engagements
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and data mining tools
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity or skill in IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling desired
- Big 4 comparable experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MSA, JD, or LLM
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals who are excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses, with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often-uncertain scenarios, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.