Amgen’s Tax Department is a world class tax function that provides global tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting, and tax audit defense for the Company. The tax compliance and audit groups work closely with the tax provision and tax planning groups, as well as the Finance, Accounting, and Treasury departments in Tampa and Amgen’s Thousand Oaks headquarters, to prepare the Company’s United States Federal and state tax returns and respond to tax audit inquiries from a variety of tax authorities.
The Manager, Tax will play a key role in the tax compliance process. Third-party service providers prepare Amgen’s tax returns, and the Manager will work closely with the other members of the tax compliance team and the Company’s third-party service providers to ensure accurate and timely filing of all Federal, state and local filings, including tax returns, quarterly estimated tax payments, and extensions. The Manager also will prepare the quarterly estimated effective state tax rate for financial reporting.
In addition, the Manager, Tax, will assist in preparing the Company’s responses to U.S. Federal, state, and local income tax audits. Working collaboratively with the other members of the tax audit group, the Manager will coordinate and manage tax audits by various tax authorities, respond to requests for data and other information, effectively advocate for the Company’s tax positions, communicate and negotiate with tax auditors, and work to close audits efficiently.
Because the Manager’s role will involve preparing tax returns and responding to tax audits in a variety of different jurisdictions, the Manager needs a strong understanding of U.S. Federal and state tax laws and regulations, including rules relating to transfer pricing and the U.S. taxation of international transactions. Amgen has a large international footprint and does business in over 75 countries. As a global biopharmaceutical company with over $20 billion in revenue, the Company’s tax matters include high value intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, complex manufacturing, financing transactions, and research and development activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- In conjunction with the tax compliance team and third-party service providers, prepare portions of the Company’s U.S. Federal, state, and local tax returns and other tax filings
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of all tax returns and filings and quarterly estimated tax payments
- Prepare the quarterly estimated effective state tax rate
- Respond to tax audit inquiries from U.S. Federal, state, and local tax authorities
- Serve as an effective advocate for the Company’s tax return positions
Basic Qualifications :
Master’s degree & 2 years of accounting or finance experience
Bachelor’s degree & 4 years of accounting or finance experience
Associate’s degree & 10 years of accounting or finance experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of accounting or finance experience
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3+ years of Big 4 accounting firm or large multinational corporation experience. Experience with U.S. Federal and state income tax audits and compliance preferred
- JD or CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. Federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Experience with international tax and transfer pricing issues
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/ Biotech industry
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation, skill
- Detail-oriented and strong business analytical skills
- Outgoing personality and confident ability in dealing with all levels of management within the organization, as well as tax authorities externally
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.