The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing and facilitating all aspects of domestic transaction tax compliance and research. This position will create and implement tax plans and coordinate with Accounting, field locations and leadership teams to identify process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of transaction tax (sales and use, property tax, etc.) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Research transaction tax issues.
- Provide support and training to management, accounting team and field locations.
- Manage and facilitate transaction (sales and use, property tax, etc.) and IRS/state income tax audits: meeting with auditors, preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Develop and implement process improvements in company tax procedures.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Coordinate with our third-party provider for income and franchise tax compliance, strategy and annual provision, including the review of income tax returns.
- Plan for and develop overall tax calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with third party providers.
- Escheatment review of accounts payable.
- Assist in other tax-related projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s degree in Taxation required.
- Five + years of experience in a Tax Specialist/Manager or Public Accountant role.
- CPA license required.
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- CPA: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.