Supervisor Research Finance (Full Time, Day shift)–17171
Responsible for overseeing and/or managing the day-to-day responsibilities related to financial aspects of research, including, but not limited to, budget development and negotiation, assistance with contract negotiation (review of payment terms), research billing compliance, and post-award items for grants. Provides support in developing department budget and statistical reports. Serves as a liaison regarding financial matters between the Research Institute (RI)/Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and other Nicklaus Children’s Health System (NCHS) departments.
Minimum Job Requirements
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
4-7 years’ experience in clinical research financial management in an academic medical center, hospital, CRO, or pharmaceutical company environment
2-4 years’ experience with research billing requirements and regulations
2-4 years’ experience with a clinical trials management system
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Supervises and participates in hiring, orienting, and training staff. Coaches and counsels employees on their job performance, making recommendation for corrective actions.
Provides technical direction to direct reports and serves as subject matter expert and resource for leaders.
Responsible for direct reports’ work assignments and work schedules.
Responsible for oversight of budget development for sponsored and internally funded research projects.
Responsible for oversight of budget negotiations for clinical research, including coverage analysis development, with internal and external customers.
Develops and maintains Research Fee Schedule to facilitate budget negotiation.
Acts as liaison between RI and Nicklaus Children’s Health Foundation (NCHF) for philanthropic funds and/or grants dedicated to research.
Acts as liaison with Revenue Cycle and other departments to ensure research billing compliance.
Controls research accounts for billing compliance.
Oversees financial matters related to clinical trials and sponsored/internally funded activities .
Oversees and/or prepares accurate and timely financial reporting for RI (monthly/quarterly/yearly).
Reviews data in and pulls reports from the Clinical Trials Management System as needed to facilitate reconciliation of RI and OSP accounts with Finance’s records.
Assists leaders in analyzing and explaining financial report variances.
Certification from MAGI, SRA International, SOCRA, ACRP, or similar organization preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to evaluate financial implications of research contracting.
- Skilled negotiator with proven track record of success.
- Ability to develop and complete coverage analyses for clinical research studies.
- Knowledge of sponsored programs regulations and requirements (federal, state, and private funders).
- Knowledge of clinical/research revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and procurement cycles.
- Able to use complex mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Extensive track record of accomplishment in clinical research and/or operations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Self-confident, people-oriented, flexible, and adaptable to change.
- Ability to motivate staff.
Primary Location: Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children’s Hospital – Main Hospital Campus
Department: OFFICE OF SPONSORED PROGRAMS-2110
Job Status: Full Time
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.