Student Accounts Manager
office of accounting operations
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Student Accounts Manager (SA Manager) oversees the day-to-day operations of student accounts through the management of billing and collection activities on current and past due balances. The SA Manager has primary responsibility for federal and state program compliance and assuring all functions within the student account operations of the University are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for overall management of tuition billing and collection, Perkins Loan collection and other miscellaneous receivables.
- Manage process of student charges, issuing student billing statements, analyzing current student balances and preparing management reports.
- Manage student billing and payment E-Commerce websites.
- Supervise the Student Accounts Specialists staff, assessing workflow processes and implementing best practices aimed at enhancing departmental efficiencies.
- Update tuition and fee rate tables and ensure accounts are coded to correct GL account.
- Oversee Cashier and A/R functions and implement appropriate internal controls; ensure all monies collected by the University is received, recorded, and deposited in accordance with established departmental procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with other student services departments (i.e. Admissions, Registrar Office, Financial Aid, Retention, Technology Services, Deans’ Offices, and Resident Life) to ensure excellent customer service and integrity of the student aid, billing, and collection processes.
- Approve student account credits on a weekly basis ensuring compliance with federal regulations; ensure timely disbursement for all refunds.
- Manage financial registration processes for all academic programs including daily procedures, student and departmental communication, clearances, and deposit allocations.
- Oversee timely posting of all banking activity including Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), Automated Clearing House payments (ACH), wire transfers, and chargebacks.
- Monitor the third-party servicing of the Perkins Loan program.
- Assist the Controller in Accounts Receivable tasks relating to the annual fiscal audit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of general accounting practices/procedures, especially as it relates to non-profit organizations
- Ability to identify and make recommendations regarding internal controls and system processes
- Management experience or the ability to manage a small staff of employees a must
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality of student account detail
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of relevant office procedures and terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to convert and organize data into meaningful information
- Effectively maintain relationships with staff and faculty in a professional demeanor
- Knowledge and acceptance of mission and principles of Vanguard University
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: [email protected] . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.