San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS), a San Antonio, Texas based privately held company, has been in business for over 40 years and has developed a reputation as a premier American manufacturer of high quality comfort footwear.
SAS has an opening for a Retail Store Manager
Education & Experience Requirements
- Some college education is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail management.
- Experience in handling intricate employee relation a plus.
- Exceptional written verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Organized and able to handle the pressure of deadlines professionally.
- Skilled at identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently with timely follow through.
- Some travel is expected so must be able to travel if and when it’s needed.
- Responsible for executing day-to-day store operations through application of SAS philosophy and standards of customer service, cleanliness and caring.
- Provide customer satisfaction in all areas of sales and service.
- Direct and manage up to 5 employees and promote a positive team spirit and motivate employees to reach goals.
- Lead, coach, and direct employees to ensure optimal store performance to company standards and philosophy.
- Set expectations and communicate regularly.
- Conduct regular store meetings.
- Evaluate in written and verbal formats through performance development plan (PDA).
- Hold associates accountable for positions duties, training and development.
- Responsible for store operational and maintenance requirements.
- Accountable for all inventory, finances and other assets within the store. Must comply with purchasing policies and control expenditures.
- Ensure policies and procedures are communicated and followed.
- Work with District Manager (DM) to set goals and administer a plan to increase store volume.
- Maintain and make suggestions of adjustments to inventory levels.
- Responsible to work our Grass Roots marketing programs to promote the store within its market.
- Interview and hire sales associates with the help of DM and/or human resources representatives.
- Maintain a positive attitude in all dealings with store associates, other company employees and all visitors, vendors and customers of the store.
Must Have These Attributes/Attitudes/Aptitudes
- Passion, integrity and energy to achieve greatness for SAS and the team.
- Self-starter that desires to take initiative.
- Respectful and caring to co-workers.
- Accountable for actions.
- Exercise confidentiality.
- Excellent attendance.
- Be a team player that can work well with others.
- Promote a positive team spirit and motivate employees to reach goals.
- Able to lift 50 lbs., sometimes with help.
- Standing for long periods of time, frequent bending to tie and fit shoes, climbing and moving
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.