This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Accounting Department. The main responsibility of this position is to process bi-weekly remuneration for 300+ franchises and prepare and file sales and use tax returns for numerous jurisdictions while managing various functions for the Accounting department.
- 3-5 years experience in general accounting and sales tax.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- General office skills including, but not limited to, attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, customer service skills, high volume of data entry, general math skills, PC Proficiency, dependability.
- Time management skills are necessary.
- Process bi-weekly remuneration payments and prepare reports for manager and executive review.
- Maintain contract details and expiration dates.
- Provide quick responses to inquiries from franchises, internal staff, and executives
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts pertaining to remuneration
- Provide remuneration training to new franchises
- Process year-end issuance of 1099s to all franchises
- Maintain Winzer’s and FastServ’s Fleet, including yearly registrations, fleet gas cards and PINs, drivers, policies
- Perform monthly software updates for sales and use tax data
- Generate sales tax returns for 3 companies, file and pay using appropriate outlets
- Navigate various jurisdiction websites to file, pay, and/or research sales and use tax laws/regulations
- Prepare and maintain a monthly reconciliation of system vs sales tax software data
- Review customers’ resale certificates for validity and update account settings
- Review/Approve/Decline sales tax credit requests based upon laws/regulations, process accordingly
- Monitor orders that reach a tax hold, obtain proper tax certificates, update account and release order
- File proper business licenses and renewals as necessary
- Submit company’s sales tax resale certificate to vendors upon request
- Maintain proper filing records and customer tax certificates according to record retention requirements
- Perform sales and use tax audits with minimal assistance as needed
- Assist in various month end close journal entries and processes
- Maintain daily banking reports for outstanding checks and ACHs and submit to manager for further processing
- Assist with Balance Sheet reconciliation and end of month close processes
- Maintain sales tax and remuneration email boxes
- Other general accounting tasks as needed
- Must be able to efficiently use a personal computer equipped with standard keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to communicate in English with employees. Regularly sit, stand, walk, stop, kneel and crouch.
- Lift, lower, carry items up to 50 lbs.
Winzer Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.