The Manager of Technical Accounting Projects will work on broad variety of company-wide initiatives to analyze, model and evaluate financial implications, application of US GAAP, and add insight to new or pre-established processes. This is a key role in building out a small robust team that will be focused on assisting the broader finance group, and ultimately the business, in aligning global processes and overhauling areas for increased efficiency.
This role will report to the VP of Technical Accounting and Statutory Reporting.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have the ability to roll up their sleeves and handle detailed level modeling while also being able to synthesis information to communicate with others outside of finance and in management positions
- be able to listen effectively and leverage the strength of others to ensure the best work product is put forward always
- be a team player, build relationships, and be able to work across the organization with stakeholders at all levels
- have 7-10 years of technical accounting experience in an advisory and/or analytical capacity
- be self-motivated and able to manage competing priorities effectively
- have strong presentation skills
- be willing and able to learn
- able to travel as needed (approx. 25% target)
Additional responsibilities and requirements:
- Assist the technical accounting team on application of new standards and with purchase accounting activities and schedules
- Focusing on key areas of the financial close process to increase the transparency between commercial and financial reporting
- Managing a backlog of projects and areas of focus while clearly stating objectives and managing time effectively
- Coaching, mentoring and teaching team members on new insights, processes or changes made – while ensuring alignment and openness to challenge
- Assist the Commercial and Core accounting teams, as well as the External Reporting group, in analytical models being used and assisting in the investigation of new systems and processes
- Documenting what is done to ensure transparency and proper handoffs of the process to those that will manage on a day to day basis
- Direct experience with Purchase Price Accounting, Revenue Recognition, FX, Derivatives, Hedge Accounting, and Inventory is a plus
- CPA required; MBA a plus.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.