Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
The successful candidate for this position will perform or coordinate audits, advisory and review engagements with the Audit Director/Manager or Chief of Internal Audit to provide the Board with independent, objective information concerning financial accountability, adequacy of management controls, and compliance with state laws, rules, and regulations.
As a Senior Auditor you will be expected to perform as an audit project leader and audit team member to support the Office of the Internal Auditor in its governance role by providing independent and objective appraisals of selected activities through audits, reviews, investigations and special projects assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies
- Responsible for planning audits, client communication, data analysis, risk identification, key control analysis and determination of recommended audit scope and objectives Develop audit testing procedures to address potential internal control weaknesses and provide recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Conduct fieldwork, including flowchart documentation, testing, work paper documentation, control analysis, and development of recommendations
- Monitor progress and review audit work which includes assigning work sections to staff, providing feedback, training, guidance and coaching. Ensure that audit objectives are met and Citizens policies and procedures are followed Manage client communication during the audit process, including introduction of the audit, progress and exit meetings, report drafting and distribution as well as follow up related to the open items resolutions
- Analyze findings, draft audit issues and recommend solutions that improve financial performance, accounting control practices and operations
- Provide assistance and advice to management on audit related issues and draft audit reports
- Represent Internal Audit in key management meetings
- Update Audit Management Team regarding the progress of the assigned audit, significant issues identified, suggested solutions and completion status
- Review completed work associated with audit, and provide training, guidance, coaching and formalized feedback to staff on their performance, in accordance with departmental standards
- Lead and perform special projects and internal investigations as assigned/directed by the Chief of Internal Audit or Audit Directors
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships through individual contact and group meetings
- May coach, advise, counsel or train less-experienced staff; may also direct the work activities of others, provide input in the Performance Management goal setting and review process.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of risk based integrated internal audit approach experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and strict adherence to the Citizens Ethics
- Commitment to professional development opportunities, including internal and external training programs.
- Initiative to proactively discuss, start and complete projects
- Strong computer skills including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office systems such as Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong interpersonal and oral, written communication and consultative skills, to include conflict resolution and the ability to convey highly technical information to others verbally and in writing
- Strong quantitative, analytical, project management, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Experience working with complex organizational, IT and/or financial processes and systems
- Ability to interact and work with all levels of management
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and complex and voluminous evidence
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive or confidential issues of significant complexity.
- Ability to apply technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of work assignments.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel occasionally within the state of Florida
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional field such as business, accounting or related field OR combination of education and experience relevant to position, equivalent to 4 years in college
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or other certifications relevant to insurance operations
- 3-5 years of professional internal audit or related experience.
- Familiarity with insurance operations and terminology.
- 7 or more years of professional internal audit experience
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge with automated work paper systems such as Teammate (or similar software) and CAAT tools (ACL, Teammate Analytics, or similar).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
Job Type: Full-time
- Auditing: 3 years (Required)
- Jacksonville, FL (Preferred)
- CPA, CISA, CFE (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.