Develop and implement sourcing strategies that achieve defined supply chain objectives and prepare and present the strategies at periodic management and executive reviews. Objectives include regional supplier alignment and cost savings targets.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Understand and evaluate market trends in materials and commodities.
- Implement agreements across multiple sites in the Americas Region.
- Learn and implement sourcing strategy methods used by Grundfos Purchase.
- Establish sourcing strategies that align to Grundfos long-term strategies.
- Utilize SAP, Sievo, Scanmarket and other Grundfos software for data analysis and project scope.
- Negotiate payment terms, pricing, lead-time etc when placing contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Remain current with overall market conditions and material price index. Understand cost drivers for raw materials and components.
- Initiate and conduct Supplier Relationship Management meetings in order to build relationships, reduce costs, monitor/improve quality, increase/maintain supplier on time delivery and other performance issues.
- Responsible for ongoing new vendor evaluation and leading dept. personnel in product/supplier change.
- Work with various internal Grundfos departments and external suppliers to develop/modify specifications to maximize value/minimize total cost; design for manufacturing, quality improvement (to include the review of quality discrepancies of incoming commodities), total cost reduction and issue resolution.
- Monitor, evaluate and work with problem suppliers to improve performance.
- Lead cross-company teams to strategically develop long-term supplier partnerships.
- Identify and prioritize material cost reduction opportunities. Control purchase price variances.
- Generate various reports related to project status, savings targets and assigned critical operating tasks.
- Perform all duties professionally, ethically, and in the best interests of Grundfos.
Posting, Reporting, and Work Relations
This position reports to the Regional Purchase Director. Daily close cooperation with Local Purchase Managers and Buyers is a must.
- Purchase management
- Plant managers
- Operation/Logistics managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Finance Controllers
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must be capable of mobility in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to write and perform data input.
- Must be fluent at reading, speaking, and writing English, including technical vocabulary.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and capable of obtaining a passport.
- Interpersonal / Cooperative skills – working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
- Structured and conscientious – ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Ability to take responsibility and drive tasks from A to Z to meet the deadline (task manager type)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Ability to lead/support stakeholders by asserting skills of delegating, coordinating and communicating to ensure the best performance.
- Able to work in a team or individually and with other departments in Grundfos,
- High level of negotiation skills.
- Computer skills consisting of a minimum of intermediate excel and power point skills. Aptitude to learn and utilze SAP, Sievo and CLM.
Work Conditions (US Only
Office environment, travel is a must and additional hours as needed to support the business.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.