The Senior Manager, Cost Accounting is responsible for the compilation and reporting of key performance indicators. Also performs variance analysis of labor, yields, usage variances and overhead expenses. Participates in the development of annual plant budgets and assist in the maintenance of the standard cost system. This position performs review of inventory cycle counts and monthly inventory variance analysis.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Planning, collecting and analyzing data to determine activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Compilation of key performance indicators for management review.
- Preparation of monthly closing journal entries for recording and allocating direct costs.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the standard cost system.
- Perform daily review of inventory cycle-count adjustments and weekly and monthly inventory reconciliations. Perform quarterly inventory observations.
- Participate in the development of annual plant budgets.
- Perform variance analysis of direct labor, material usage variance, yields, purchase price variances, and overhead expenses.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by my manager.
- A minimum of 10 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 4-year college degree in a similar field or the equivalent years of experience.
- A strong background in cost systems; analytical skills and sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to prepare daily/weekly/monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ability to interact effectively with various personality types.
- Strong communication skills — written, verbal and platform.
- Ability to multi task and work in a rapid paced environment.
- Familiarity and ease with office automation programs (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.).
As an equal opportunity employer, Plaid prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.