Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
About the Role:
This role supports all Residential field capital, including Outside Plant Construction, Real Estate, Test Equipment, Bulk Wifi, and Drops. This position will also have responsibility for FCRB (Field Capital Review Board). The successful candidate should be a recognized leader with a proven record in effectively leading in a matrix environment where getting work complete through others is necessary. Work requires independence as well as interaction with all levels of management and various functional groups. Manages a team of analyst(s) or other professionals, providing mentorship and guidance in achieving goals. Responsible for large, complex projects as well as the planning and month-end close analysis. Determines and develops approach to projects and assesses the impact of programs and initiatives on financial performance. Leads the preparation of reports and presentations with executives.
What You Will Do:
- Performs financials analysis – Conduct and oversee an analyst who completes complex financial and operational analyses and identify emerging trends. Includes capital spending analysis, field performance comparisons, calculations of return on invested capital, and forecasting/budgeting. Additional ad-hoc analysis based on customer need.
- Performs data analysis – Conduct and oversee an analyst who gathers and compiles data used for identifying complex business trends/dynamic and develops, reviews and/or presents recommendations. Develop construct to access and manipulate data from company data systems and sources.
- Performs modeling – Conduct and oversee an analyst who conceptualizes, prepares and presents advanced analyses and recommendations.
- Performs reporting – Conduct and oversee an analyst who develops and modifies financial reports and statements. Creates advanced visualizations of extracted data in PowerPoint. Reviews month-end results and forecasts with internal customer as well with senior management within the finance organization.
- Provide financial and operational consultative services through collaborative partnerships – conduct and oversee an analyst who recommends and facilitates changes; analyze and review data and resolve questions and/or problems. Assists in policy development to support change initiatives. Ability to influence with limited support from their leader. Oversee multiple clients, processes, projects, etc.
- Monitor and optimize business processes – conduct and oversee an analyst who provides and reviews data to ensure both compliance and effectiveness of complex operational and financial processes, identifying anomalies and making recommendations. Understands cross-functional and across lines of business the upstream and downstream impacts of decisions from their department.
- Project Management – conduct and oversee an analyst who leads a cross functional team to define, assign, monitor and complete project objectives. Leads cross-functional teams by example demonstrating financial expertise to address non-routine and complex issues, optimize work flows and/or significantly contribute to improvements to internal organization and processes. Greater expectation of working independently.
- Leadership – Build team of financial analysts and/or managers through recruiting, selection, developing, and coaching and performance management.
- Strong Communication – ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization/Exhibits Some Executive Presence
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (Finance, Accounting Business, etc.) or 5+ with advanced degree
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products and other financial tools
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Strong Project Management
- Highly Advanced modeling and review
- Proactive opportunity and risk identification from financial analysis, and recommendation for risk remediation
- Build and present PPT presentation to Executives
- Broad understanding of business
- Strong executive presence, Influences others
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art in related discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.