Established in 1978, Safe Horizon is the largest non-profit victim services agency in the United States. We touch the lives of more than 250,000 children, adults, and families affected by crime and abuse throughout New York City each year. Safe Horizon partners with governmental and other community agencies and also advocates for policies on a local, state, and national level on behalf of those affected by violence and abuse.
We provide compassionate and expert support for people who have experienced domestic and intimate partner violence, child physical and sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault, human trafficking, stalking, youth homelessness and other forms of violence, crime or abuse.
Learn more about our programs here à https://www.safehorizon.org/our-services/what-we-do/
Safe Horizon envisions a society free of violence and abuse. We will lead the way by empowering victims and survivors to find safety, support, connection and hope.
Safe Horizon is committed to upholding the following core values:
- We are passionate about providing the best service to victims and survivors of crime and abuse. Clients are at the center of our work and we recognize the trauma they have endured.
- We are thought leaders in our field who use proven and effective strategies when assisting clients.
- Throughout the organization, we wholeheartedly commit to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Our work strives to be empathetic and responsive to the needs of our clients and staff. We strongly advocate on behalf of our clients and staff.
- We work hard to advance racial equity, recognizing that racism is closely tied to other forms of inequality in society.
- We commit to creating and supporting a diverse community grounded in equity, inclusion, justice and empowerment for all.
- We know our work cannot be done alone and we actively seek out partnerships. Uniting with clients, colleagues and external partners is critical to accomplishing our shared goals and achieving our mission
The Senior Director of Financial Operations oversees the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. Duties include ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger, while directing the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports. The position calls for directing month-end closings, ensuring that accounts are properly reconciled while highlighting inconsistencies or unusual transactions.
- Assists the Vice President of Finance/Controller in directing an organization’s accounting functions.
- Supervises the day to day operation of Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable to ensure timely, accuracy and compliancy.
- Oversees the Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables functions of the Restitution program
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank and investment accounts timely and accurately.
- Manage the agency wide annual audit including the preparation of various audit schedules for the independent auditors.
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements such as the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities.
- Establishes and maintains the organization’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining banking relationships with all financial institutions including the maintenance of current signature cards, opening and closing accounts, reducing bank charges, manage daily bank deposits and verification and deposit from various fees generating programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily and monthly cash position and cash flow projections to meet requirements of payroll and vendor payments.
- Assist with the preparation of financial schedules for the Audits, Investments, Finance, and Board Committees.
- Maintains the appropriate sections of the of Finance procedure manual.
- Coordinates month-end and year-end closing prepares accruals and corresponding schedules.
- Trains new staff on company’s policies, procedures and systems.
- Oversees the process and data flow between accounting systems and sub-systems.
- Development of system controls to ensure data integrity.
- Perform related duties assigned by the Controller and Chief Administrative and Financial Officer.
- Program Staff
- Finance Department Staff
- Investment and Financial Institutions
Qualifications: (includes education and professional experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance plus four or more years of related experience
- Graduate Degree and/or CPA a plus
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have the ability to communicate financial information in an understandable manner to non-financial clients.
- Must possess a solid knowledge of accounting systems and must have advanced level of knowledge of Excel
- Problem-solving, prioritizing, time management, team-building and organizational skills are also essential
Safe Horizon is committed to providing a reasonable accommodation to ensure individuals with disabilities can meet any physical demand requirement(s) of the position, or otherwise perform the corresponding task(s), where possible. If you require a reasonable accommodation, including to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact your Human Resources Recruiter.
Safe Horizon is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws concerning employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Safe Horizon ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful immigrant status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff and clients.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.