Applies advance professional budget techniques in analyzing and preparing financial documents and operating budget requests.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Analyzes and reports variances in the operating budget by account and object of expenditure.
2. Assists in preparation and analysis of the operating budget supplemental data: faculty salary and position, new tenure appointments and promotions, endowed chair reports.
3. Recommends changes to systems and procedures to ensure conformance to budgetary regulations.
4. Performs on-going analysis of salary accounts. Analyzes funds for personnel actions.
5. Determines the need for a Request for Budget Change (RBC) by analyzing the personnel action or budget change in relation to Regent’s guidelines and prepares documentation.
6. Works with UT System in processing RBC’s, and UT System Docket.
7. Analyzes recognized revenue compared to expenditures and projects annual activity to determine appropriateness of current modified budgets.
8. Approves and processes local budget changes.
9. Communicates with account managers and directors and handles questions and problems related to all budget and cost needs.
10. Composes correspondence, prepares reports and handles complex requests and projects.
11. Assists in State, Federal, Private and local audits performing function as a liaison between outside funding agencies and institution.
12. Acts as point of contact in the interpretation of outside agency guidelines.
13. Assists with Financial System integrity through testing and development. Tests new software/hardware for implementation.
14. Creates internal procedures, goals, and internal training curriculum.
15. Creates and develops training financial seminars for customers.
16. Participates in committees to provide compliance expertise.
17. Facilitates implementation of new procedures and or regulations.
18. Participates in committees & review boards concerning HSC financial related issues.
19. Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within department. May lead projects and activities.
20. May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting; or, relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Four (4) years of accounting, budgeting, or finance.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.