Rich Ice Cream Company, one of the largest providers of ice cream novelties in schools in the country has an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Accountant/Controller with prior cost accounting experience available in our West Palm Beach, Florida facility:
We are a stable, fast growing, employee friendly family business with a great culture that understands that our people are our biggest asset. We are looking for people who fit into our culture, take pride in their work, and are good team players. If that is you, we look forward to hearing from you!!
General Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the monthly closing to ensure the accuracy of the financial reports.
- Treasury functions
- Working with outside CPA on company annual review and tax return.
- Accurate and timely inventory reporting including reconciliation of inventory accounts.
- Manage physical inventory counts and record/approve adjustments as needed.
- Maintain control over inventory quantities, including working with operations and warehouse teams to develop cycle counting processes, schedules, and controls
- Maintaining the accuracy of the lot traceability of inventory throughout the system and assist with the lot traceability exercise during mock recalls and annual food audit.
- Work with product development and purchasing department on developing standard cost of all new purchased inventory items and developing standard BOM for all manufactured items
- Perform regular analysis of standard cost vs. actual purchase price and standard BOM cost vs. actual manufactured cost, and provide explanations for significant variances, as well as propose and execute updates to standard costing
- Maintain standard costs for all inventory items, including the standard purchase price of all purchased inventory items (raw and finished) and the bill of materials for all manufactured inventory items
- Perform annual review of expense allocation % between the two company divisions.
- Help create and/or review SOP’s across all departments
- Prepare financial planning/forecasts and analysis
- Reviewing monthly variances to plan/budget and following up with each department
- Manage capital requests and evaluate where capital can be most effectively utilized
- Manage and forecast the cash balance and working capital
- Manage all company insurance
- Work with HR manager on the employee benefits package
- Identification and implementation of process improvements and cost savings
- Manage and direct the Logistics/Inventory Manager and Purchasing Manager
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical, technological, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Good communication skills
To be considered, please submit salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.