Currently, we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking a School Finance Managerwho will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so the school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations. We are a hardworking, fun loving, active office.
We are looking for a School Finance Manager to:
- Work with school clients as an outsourced Chief Financial Officer. The role of the School Finance Manager is to work with the school leadership to provide advice on strategic business decisions, help the school understand charter school finance rules, facilitate multi-year budget planning, and prepare monthly financial statements and analyses for use at school board meetings and drive decision making. The School Finance Manager will also have the opportunity to work on special projects as needed, which can include facility planning, strategic plan development, grant writing, charter development, and executive searches.
- Build relationships in the charter and charter authorizing communities in California.
- Be a lead contact person for school clients, including managing the client relationship and working with the EdTec accounting, payroll, AP, and admin teams to provide excellent customer service.
- Prepare in partnership with the accounting team monthly financial statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for school clients.
- On a monthly basis, create presentations analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offer recommendations for changes in the school operations.
- Analyze, model, and solve problems for school clients on a wide range of business issues.
- Manage budget development and tracking for client schools.
- Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant financial management procedures and practices.
- Develop a functional expertise in one or more areas of school business operations.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Advanced degree preferred or equivalent public/private sector business or school operations experience.
- 4-8 years of work experience.
- Strong communication, written and analytical skills.
- Customer service orientation or experience in client services.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and forecasting.
- Experience in business development and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to travel occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend board meetings, etc.
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus.
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k).
Please send resume with cover letter. No phone calls, please.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in eight states. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.