Frama-Tech, Inc. (www.FramaTech.com, www.FramaTech.net)
Frama-Tech, Inc. (FTI) is a commercial seller of specialty building materials (primary product line is edgebanding) utilized by the cabinetmaking, commercial millwork, store fixtures, kitchen, bath, and closet industries. The company was founded in 1984 in Los Angeles and purchased by the current owners in 2003. In 2007, FTI acquired the assets of Central Edgebanding in Fort Worth, Texas. In 2010, FTI moved its headquarters from Los Angeles to the Florida Panhandle. The Florida office has responsibility for purchasing, accounting, human resources and administrative functions. The operations centers in Los Angeles and Dallas-Fort Worth are responsible for sales, customer service, order fulfillment and warehouse operations.
FTI’s brand is service. We provide great service to our customers through employee commitment to serving customers, and by investing heavily in inventory to insure we have what customers need.
Overview – Manager, Sales & Operations, West Coast
The Manager, Sales & Operations, West Coast will have overall accountability for sales west of the Rocky Mountains, LA-based customer service, and for the service and operations of the Los Angeles distribution facility. This position will focus on developing sales with new and existing West Coast accounts. This position will lead and manage LA-based service and warehouse personnel to ensure superior customer service, safe operations, and disciplined warehouse operations.
- Manage existing key customer relationships to retain and grow sales.
- Call on prospective customers to develop new business and grow sales.
- Work with Sales Development Manager (Fort Worth, TX) to develop sales strategies and coordinate sales activities on the West Coast.
- Work with and mentor Product Specialist & Warehouse Manager to maintain key customer relationships and grow sales of more technical products, such as adhesives and wood veneer.
- Participate in industry activities (e.g., trade shows, association meetings & social events, etc.) to network with existing and prospective accounts.
- Manage and mentor customer service personnel to deliver best-of-class customer experiences, and to monitor and manage sales activity of key accounts.
- Manage LA-based personnel and administrative activities associated with the West Coast branch, as necessary.
- Run and review customer sales and margin reports to stay abreast of customer activity and profitability.
- Work with Central Region (Fort Worth, TX) sales and operations to coordinate sales activities, ensure continuity of great service outcomes, and to adopt best practices across FTI.
- Work with FTI headquarters personnel (Navarre, FL) as needed.
- Provide feedback to supervisor on customer, personnel, and branch issues.
Key Skill Sets & Experience Requirements
- Sales & service ‘personality’ – absolutely required!
- Experience selling to the industry and in the market area – preferred.
- Ability to work with a large degree of autonomy – must be a self-starter.
- Good sales and business intuition, particularly with regards to sales, pricing, and margin management.
- Willing to commute to the South Bay (91 between 110 & 710)) area and to drive to customer locations.
- Willing to travel overnight, probably 1 – 2 nights per month, sometimes more frequently. The West Coast Region services customers West of the Rockies.
- Ability and willingness to manage, mentor and provide feedback to LA personnel.
- Ability to work with peers in Texas and Florida to ensure continuity of service and operations across FTI.
- Be reliable – exhibit work behavior that provides an example to our employees.
- Be a team player – treat every customer and your fellow employees in a friendly, courteous, helpful & respectful manner.
- Be happy – enjoy your work and be ready to provide solutions, not problems.
- Be open – speak up when you have concerns or suggestions.
- Be honest – conduct yourself with integrity in your dealings with customers and employees…expect the same of us and of your fellow employees.
- LA-based Customer Service Staff (3)
- LA-based Product Specialist & Warehouse Manager (1), who also has 4 warehouse direct reports.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.