Company: Federal Signal
Location: US – California – San Francisco
Federal Signal has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager to promote its Police & Fire market vehicle products in Northern California based in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Coordinates activities to obtain assigned new business and sales quota.
- Communicates with business unit personnel concerning the business environment, how our products rate in the marketplace, price sensitivity, product mix, technology, market trends, etc., and how to resolve procedural, sales distribution, delivery and service problems.
- Responds in a timely and effective manner to competitive and market opportunities as well as communications from distributors, dealers, OEMs, end users and the factory.
- Communicates to manufacturer reps and group staff on all pertinent matters of mutual concern.
- Develops and implements an annual sales plan.
- Coordinates participation in local, state, regional and national trade shows with non-sales staff as required.
- Maintains quarterly market coverage documentation. Processes annual distributor agreements, documents and approves additions/ deletions to the distributor network.
- Contributes positively to the corporate bottom line through effective expense control.
- Facilitates information flow to the factory, sales reps and accounts in a timely fashion.
- Works with inside sales team to maintain all quotations within assigned territory and ensures an acceptable level of margin.
- Forecasts accurately; sales b y product on a monthly basis to coordinate production schedules and ensure timely delivery of products.
- Monitors administrative responsibilities to meet deadlines set by group management (e.g., expense reports, new business reports, quarterly narratives, monthly schedules, and/ or forecasts, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study preferred (e.g., Business, Marketing, etc.)
- Five (5) years’ experience in law enforcement sales
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Working knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet plus strong customer issue trouble-shooting capabilities using multiple channels
- Excellent communication skills, capable of effectively communicating information, both verbally and in written word to diverse audiences
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law.
Federal Signal in University Park is a leading manufacturer and supplier of comprehensive systems and products used to protect people and property. Our products and integrated solutions include systems for campus and community alerting, emergency vehicles, first responder interoperable communications, industrial communications, and command and municipal networked security. Specific products include: lightbars and sirens, public warning sirens and public safety software. We manufacture our safety and security systems in the United States, Europe and South Africa.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.