Job Title: Sales Manager, Grocery
Reports To: Director of Sales, Grocery
SmartyPants is looking for a motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for a Sales Manager position at a leading CPG start-up brand in preventative health.
This position will work with the Director of Sales and our broker teams to increase sales and distribution of SmartyPants’ products within the Grocery channel, including Kroger, Wegmans, Safeway, etc. to ultimately driving top line revenue, while maintaining trade spend budget. Major responsibilities include promotional planning, forecasting, new item sell-in, presentations, executing of marketing and promotions, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Sales and our broker partners to manage and grow the Grocery business at SmartyPants
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, plan, and execute promotional programs such as demos, off-shelfs, etc.
- Review and analyze syndicated and POS data to measure item movement, SKU assortment, etc. to create actionable insights and strategies
- Develop and manage promotional plans by account that maximizes efficiencies and delivers highest ROI, while managing within trades pend budget
- Work with Operations to manage inventory levels so flow-through is as accurate as possible at each account
- Analyze competitive landscape every quarter and watch new and trending segments
- Attend applicable trade shows
- Other duties, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
- 3+ years of sales and/or account management experience; Grocery Channel sales experience is a plus
- Goal-oriented, driven, self-motivated and a problem-solver
- Strong analytical skills with a working knowledge of IRI/Nielsen/SPINS data and Customer POS data
- Passion for the health, fitness, and the wellness market
- Willingness to travel, including overnight travel
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors; flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
What You’ll Get:
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Monthly wellness perks
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Annual Personal Development Fund
- FREE SmartyPants Vitamins plus a friends & family discount
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- Monthly happy hours, in-office yoga & meditation sessions, & an annual company retreat
- Volunteer opportunities
- A rewarding career at a company with a strong mission, great culture, and super fun, passionate people
Fast-paced, open environment where there is a lot of ad-hoc collaboration. Our office is based in Marina del Rey in a former architect’s office with a communal garden in front. We are in a two-story office space with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We are dog-friendly and often have several pups in the office at any given time. All dogs who come into the office must meet SmartyPants Dog Policy requirements, pass a behavioral evaluation, and abide by a set schedule of days in the office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants is very dynamic and fast-growing LA (Marina del Rey) based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for all ages. Currently ranked on the Inc. 5000 (#535) and cited as the 25th fastest growing company in Los Angeles by LABJ. Run by experienced entrepreneurs, SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great. Our products are category leaders and we are a fast-growing, highly dynamic company that strives to constantly improve all aspects of our products, company, and team. We also believe in giving back by making a matching nutrient grant donation to a child in need for every bottle we sell. We are an open, fast-moving, and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, integrity, and an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility. Designed and made in California.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.