We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Join the largest revenue-generating department at United. Our Sales teams work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments and corporate clients.
Job overview and responsibilities
Manages a geographic portfolio of mid to large Field Sales corporate and TMC accounts. Responsible for responding to RFPs, negotiating discount agreements, managing program performance and new business acquisition. Primary focus is to increase revenue, share and maximize program profitability through analysis, contract development and account management. Demonstrates understanding of the customer’s travel patterns, key influencer priorities and travel management practices. Uses consultative selling and leadership accessibility to build strong, “trust based” relationships within client hierarchy to establish United as a critical strategic business partner. Works closely with Director and JV partners. Highly visible within the business travel and local community.
Portfolio maximization and opportunity analysis:
- Conducts in depth data analysis, captures market intelligence, and leverages input from multiple stakeholders to create unique contractual and non-contractual client solutions that maximize share, profitability and customer loyalty.
- Responds to RFPs, establishes aggressive but reasonable goals and consistently monitors and drives goal achievement.
- Implements tactical pricing and Mileage Plus incentives and leverages OBT display tactics in highly competitive markets and lucrative revenue streams.
- Carefully monitors performance data and ensures that action is taken to quickly address opportunities and threats.
Account management, business planning, and administration:
Engages in day-to-day account management responsibilities, including resolution of service issues, capturing of competitive intelligence, account planning, monthly/quarterly reviews, performance reporting, budgeting, and preparing client-facing presentation materials.
Coordinates client proposals and agreements with sales colleagues, alliance partners and internal departments:
New business acquisition, promote direct and NDC channels:
Seek and target new business relationships.
Grow portfolio by identifying, cultivating and contracting new and incremental SME, corporate and/or TMC agreements.
Understand and promote direct and alternate booking channels, including NDC.
Client and industry engagement:
Cultivates healthy and productive business relationships with clients, including executive engagement.
Visible at client, industry (BTA), civic and community events.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be willing and able to travel 60%-75%
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Foundational understanding of airline sales or travel industry sales
- Demonstrated general business acumen and financial aptitude
- Proficiency in key business computer applications (ex. MS Office and Salesforce)
- Communication and analytical ability
- Aggressive, energetic, results orientation
- Ability to create and deliver client-facing presentations
- Ability to cultivate business partnerships
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Knowledge and user experience with the company’s sales systems and data sources
- Salesforce/CRM system experience
- Experience or knowledge in Finance, Network Planning, Revenue Management, Marketing, Loyalty, and Alliances
- Experience in travel industry and/or airline sales
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.