There is no single type of person whom we employ at the FT; our strength is in our employees, from all different backgrounds, united by a passion for delivering compelling, smart journalism.
Visit the FT Careers site for more information on our esteemed Editorial and Technology Graduate Schemes, Benefits, Learning & Development, and Life at the FT.
The B2B division of the Financial Times licenses FT content to organizations around the world, with clients across corporate, finance, government, professional services, education and media sectors. The Sales Development Executive will be responsible for pre-qualifying leads and prospects for the field sales team to close into new business revenue. The role will support the field sales team through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders and stakeholders on trials; proactive prospecting for new contacts; gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals, responding to inbound web chat inquiries
The role reports into the regional sales team with a dotted line to marketing, to ensure alignment around campaign activity. This role requires the applicant to actively prospect for new contacts as such, they must be comfortable in making 40+ calls per day as to develop a good understanding of the FT product offerings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the field sales team via outbound calling and email communication
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
• Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
• Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the field sales team
• Assign qualified leads/opportunities to the field sales team for further development and closure
• Follow up with each field sales manager to gather feedback and agree next steps
• Contact readers to gather testimonials and evidence to support sales proposals
• Act as a bridge between marketing and sales. Liaise with the marketing teams on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
• Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
• Weekly reporting, including successful calls made and challenges faced
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
Articulate and tactful communication skills, particularly on the phone
Proactivity, readiness to learn and develop understanding of FT product offering and value proposition
Good internet research skills
Highly motivated and strong desire to succeed
Organized and ability to prioritize busy workload in a fast paced environment
Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting
Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
Be a willing contributor to the department, who offers ideas and suggestions
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.