As a valued Univar Solutions employee, you understand that we are more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 10,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. We’re thrilled that you are exploring opportunities where your actions will make a positive difference every day. We look forward to building a strong future together.
The Sr. Sales Account Manager is responsible for building profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development. Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
% of time spent
Enhance Univar USA’s position within each assigned account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
Plan own territory or account approach and has input into colleagues’ approaches; manages own and often others’ resources
Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of assigned territory, ensuring all activity is properly documented in Salesforce.
Provides professional input on complex assignments and projects and provides direction to more junior professionals
Responsible for setting pricing and service levels, as well as maintaining and coordinating customer quotations or providing necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
Responsible for coordination with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
Addition duties in support of the Commercial Team as needed.
None, but may serve as a team lead to the other Sales Account Managers.
- 7+ years of experience in a Sales Position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred), or equivalent experience
- Newly professionally qualified in a specific field, or possessing extensive experience in a complex technical area
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
- Deep understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market or the needs/challenges of assigned accounts.
- Advanced knowledge in a specialized field and broad knowledge of several related disciplines within a function.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
Building Customer Relationships
Ensuring that the customer’s (internal or external) needs are met; building productive relationships with high priority customers; taking accountability for customer satisfaction and loyalty; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to prevent and resolve escalated customer complaints and regain customer confidence.
Building Customer Loyalty
Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Cultivating Networks and Partnerships
Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to advance understanding of business issues and achieve business goals.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.