Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center
Purpose of Position
This is a salaried, exempt management position with responsibilities to supervise the Respiratory Therapy (RT) staff in all aspects of treatment, scheduling, staff performance, and to oversee that the provision of RT services are provided to the children of the Pediatric Center. Along with Director of Respiratory Therapy, this position will approve requests for time off, including vacation, holiday and other related requests in accordance with regulations of the 1199 bargaining unit and organizational policy. This position will provide direct supervision to all RT staff and ensure that RT services, documentation, staff performance is in accordance with RT staff job description.
Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Understands ESPC Mission and Core Values and incorporates values into daily practice.
- Continually strive to improve the organization’s systems and/or services.
- Make decisions as a team to fulfill our mission, share recognition, and learn from failures.
- Treat every resident, family member, and co-worker with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Make sure hand off communication is completed, and assignments are covered, adjusting at any time necessary.
- Take sick, emergency calls and adjust staffing assignments as required. Further ensures that staffing is consistent with the requirements of the Pediatric Center’s union collective bargaining agreement.
- Ensure that staff has completed charting and EMR documentation.
- Answer calls from RT’s pertaining to daily assignments, need for help, relief, etc. Assign available staff to help others in time of need and assist when necessary.
- Participate in Departmental QAPI programs.
- Participate in Respiratory Clinical Status Rounds.
- Participate in Trach Team Assessment.
- Instruct and provide in-service to respiratory therapists and hospital staff.
- Standardization of the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Evaluate staff on clinical performance and perform yearly staff competency assessments.
- Document need for improvement with corrective action necessary to meet departmental standards.
- Perform specialized procedures that include, but are not limited to, assistance, patient transport, and trach care.
- Proficient in ventilators, and non-invasive monitoring.
- Represent the Pediatric Center at and participate in meeting as required.
- Minor troubleshooting required, though actual repair of equipment is not performed.
- Other related duties directed by Respiratory Director, and/or Medical Director as may become necessary.
- Participates in management team meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels.
- Maintains objectivity, confidentiality, and resilience in dealing with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain quality indicators and respond to performance issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong Organizational skills.
Education and License/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors of Applied Science Degree from an American Medical Association approved school for respiratory therapy.
- Certified and registered by National Board for Respiratory Care.
- New York State respiratory therapist license.
- A minimum of 3 years of pediatric sub-acute experience with 2 years of supervisory experience.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.