Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
As a RT I, you will participate on the clinical ladder, which reflects a degree of professional practice and clinical expertise.
The Respiratory Therapist cares for patients in the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. This individual provides services in accordance with specific physician orders, department policies, procedures and protocols. This individual is responsible for patient assessments, patient education, implementation of therapy and the evaluation of the effectiveness of therapy. It is the responsibility of the Respiratory Therapist to be an active participant in a multidisciplinary team in communicating the needs of the patient with the physician and members of the care health team.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks. * Administers all therapy modalities to patients per physician orders and/or protocols/policies. * Performs airway clearance therapy, including vest * Performs basic operations on the Epic system. * Performs regular assessment rounds. * Performs equipment cleaning and set up. * Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-PAP therapy. * Performs arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. * Responds and participates in Rapid Response situations. * Responds and participates in all code blue situations. * Responds and participates in all trauma activations. * Initiates, operates, and monitors mechanical ventilators. * Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies. * Assists in intubations as needed. * Sets up and manages high flow oxygen therapy.
*What You Will Bring:
Graduate of accredited respiratory care program
Certification & Licensures
Respiratory Care Practitioner License in Virginia Required (prior to department orientation)
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Required upon hire
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) – American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) – AHA approved Required within 45 days of hire
RT Level I
- Strong motivational and organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to handle moderate to high stressful situations in a calm and conscientious manner.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under non-routine conditions and complex situations.
- Models behavior in alignment with the organizational values.
What You Will Get:
– Competitive salary
– Flexible scheduling
– Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
– Health Insurance
– Paid Time Off
– Wellness Program
– Tuition Assistance
– Retirement Plan
– Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.