SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a 247 bed hospital with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital provides a host of technologically-advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology, along with multi-organ Cancer Care, and services for Women and Children.
Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certifications as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines- Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. It is a certified Chest Pain Center, county-designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center, ACoS accredited Community Cancer Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care. Regional is a recipient of Healthgrades 2015 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. The hospital has also been recognized by U.S. News and World Report and The Joint Commission as a top performing hospital.
Schedule: 0.9 (36 hours per week) Shift: Nights (rotating weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established procedures and protocols, provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures designed to evaluate, stabilize, prevent or remedy patient cardiopulmonary problems. An RT II is able to prioritize workload particularly in emergency, trauma, and adult intensive care areas and work cooperatively with all members of the healthcare team.
- AA/AS Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current CA RCP license
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy
- Current Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course. If no ACLS, must be completed within (6) months of employment.
- PALS and NRP within six months of hire.
- Certified to perform arterial line insertions and intubations within six months of hire.
1. 6 mos. – 1 year of progressively more responsible clinical work experience in an acute care setting.
1. AA/AS Degree in Respiratory Therapy from an NBRC approved community college.
- Working knowledge of all respiratory therapy equipment used in the department and administration of medications and therapeutic agents.
- Ability to respond in emergency situations and prioritize work in a changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good patient assessment skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.