Must be currently registered in the State of Kansas as a Respiratory Therapist. Current CPR Certification. Previous experience with tracheostomy tubes preferred.:
Plan, implement and evaluate diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory services to assist in the management of residents with cardiopulmonary and related disorders. Provide technical support for all equipment related to the nursing center based practice of Respiratory Therapy. Provide training and competency testing to nursing department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Provides/coordinates clinical respiratory services under physician orders.
- Perform respiratory/clinical assessments.
- Consult with physicians and health care professionals regarding patient/resident status.
- Monitor patient/resident/patient progress and update respiratory care plan (as a part of the patient/resident’s comprehensive plan of care).
- Provide general respiratory therapeutic services including oxygen therapy, medical
- gas therapy, aerosol therapy, humidification therapy, and suction therapy.
- Document patient/resident procedures, organize and analyze data, maintain accurate records.
- Communicate relevant patient/resident information to appropriate physicians and caregivers while protecting confidential information to unauthorized persons.
- Participate in interdisciplinary patient/resident rounds and conferences.
- Provide staff education related to respiratory therapy.
- Educate patient/residents/families with regard to relevant disease, medications, equipment, purpose of procedures, steps of procedure, benefits, risks, and alternatives.
- Participate in discharge planning for patient/residents requiring respiratory therapies in a community setting.
- Operate a variety of monitoring, recording, diagnostic, therapeutic, life support and associated equipment.
- Provide technical support for all respiratory equipment
- Perform troubleshooting and basic maintenance, cleaning, and setup for respiratory equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations related to equipment and medical gases.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of Associate Degree from accredited program in respiratory therapy plus a minimum of 2 years general Respiratory Therapy clinical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensing as required by the state of employment. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) required. Respiratory Therapist (RRT) preferred.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.