Registered Respiratory Therapist
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Provide Respiratory Care treatments and services to patients.
- Care for Level III patients including attending deliveries and transporting patients from outlying hospitals and managing their respiratory support.
- Supervise the work of other Therapists, technicians or students as needed.
- Work occasional shifts at SAMC-Belvidere as needed.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, Health System initiatives.
Graduate of an AMA accredited educational program for Respiratory Care.
- Two years of recent Level III NICU experience or greater is highly preferred.
- At least one year experience working as a Respiratory Care Practitioner preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and clearly and calmly communicate in English both verbally and in writing with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current Registration (RRT credential) from the National Board of Respiratory Care as Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- License from the State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (within 90 days of passing test for new grads)
- Current CPR certification (once trained in the Special Care Nursery).
- PALS certification required within two years of hire date.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying.
Full-Time and Part-Time 12 hour Night shifts available.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
$2,000 sign on bonus available!
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities–also a Magnet®-designated facility– is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Level III NICU: 2 years (Preferred)
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.