DASCO Home Medical Equipment
DASCO Home Medical Equipment has a FULL-TIME position for a motivated and enthusiastic Health Care Professional for its new Huntington/Barboursville, WV branch.
The Respiratory Therapist (RT) provides clinical insight and education to DASCO patients, as well as patient instruction on the safe and appropriate use of home respiratory and other equipment. In addition, the RT may complete delivery and set-ups, perform pulse oximetry, maintains knowledge of equipment and services, remains compliant with all applicable rules and regulations and supports the continuum of care for patients.
- Educates patients/family/caregivers which may include explaining diagnosis, personal care, symptom recognition, equipment use and care and other relevant information.
- May deliver and set up respiratory equipment and provides related patient instruction in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Supports the continuum of care by creating and/or overseeing care plans, communicating with the physician or other clinicians, identifying and resolving patient care issues whenever possible.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of DASCO equipment and services. May assist with quality control, maintenance of equipment, and general support of branch operations as needed by branch office.
- Maintains current understanding of insurance benefits, coverage and patient costs in order to adequately explain to patient and/or caregivers.
- Maintains compliance with HIPAA, The Joint Commission, State Respiratory Care Board, State Pharmacy Board and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintains current on professional licensure or certification requirements including CEU compliance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Professional licensure or certification Certified as a Registered or Licensed Respiratory Therapist
- Six months’ experience in a clinical services role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Six months’ experience in healthcare/medical/insurance/DME customer service role
Customer Service / client focus
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. some telephonic on-call coverage.
This job operates primarily in a professional office setting, and also spends significant time in a clinical setting and in patient home residences. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Some travel is required for this position, with occasional overnight travel for continuing education or other meetings at the corporate office.
Job Type: Full-time
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.