Beacon Health System
Position: Respiratory Therapist
- JOB SUMMARY
- Respiratory therapists, also known as respiratory care practitioners, evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Practicing under the direction of a physician, respiratory therapists assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures. Responsible for the proper and safe administration of respiratory care including intermittent and continuous therapy, blood gas sampling and analysis, mechanical ventilation, airway management and non-invasive oxygen and carbon dioxide monitoring of neonatal, newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of some college or vocational training. Indiana State Certification (RCP) is required. NPR & ACLS certification required for FT/PT staff. A minimum of 1 to 2 years of job-related experience is required. Two years clinical experience and 1 year experience in critical care preferred. Must be credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). New graduates from a Respiratory Therapy Program will be given one year from their date of hire to obtain the RRT credential through the NBRC. New graduates who do not obtain the RRT within the assigned time frame will not be eligible to remain in their Respiratory Therapy position (employees hired prior to June 1, 2012 are exempt from RRT requirement). Preferred membership in professional association (AARC).
- Knowledge & Skills
- Close attention to detail required.
- Requires a Respiratory Care Practitioner license from the State of Indiana.
- Familiarity in the use and maintenance of respiratory equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency and routine procedures as documented in hospital policy and procedures.
- Must have thorough knowledge of cardiopulmonary dynamics.
- Working Conditions
- May encounter potentially hazardous conditions due to exposure to patients with communicable disease or from use of chemical solutions for disinfection.
- Must be able to work under stress.
- Physical Demands
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (Required)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.