Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Please note, this position is based in Overland Park, Kansas and relocation is not being offered.
The Research Technician II are professionals responsible for venipuncture, finger sticks or blood collection from an IV, collection of urine samples (random or interval collection), collection of saliva samples and other biological fluids. Research Technician II’s ensure adequate safety procedures are followed when performing each task assigned. The Research Technician IIs perform clerical tasks, preparation tasks for future collections, and training. Research Technician II must have flexible availability.
- Maintain professional presence at all times
- Collect timed samples (blood, urine, saliva, etc.), understanding the importance of timed and accurate collection, efficient sample handling and sample processing
- Follow established SOPs, Work Instructions and additional study specific instructions for procedures performed
- Ability to provide back-up support to peers during procedures, knowing when a peer needs help and how to help in an appropriate manner,
- Record detailed information related to the task performed at the time the task is completed
- Follow all laboratory and OSHA safety rules
- Daily maintenance of the laboratory including maintenance of phlebotomy carts, supplies ordered and stocked, antiseptic cleaning, and organization of the clinical unit.
- May work in different building locations and settings as assigned
- Must keep familiar and up to date with clinical research and ICH GCP guidelines
- Perform other duties as required
Educational: High School Diploma or GED is required and a College Degree is preferred.
Experience/knowledge: 1 year clinical research field experience is preferred. 1 year experience in venipuncture and finger sticks. IV blood collection experience preferred
Certifications: OSHA, BLS
- Knowledge of various techniques used to collect samples
- Use logic and reasoning while performing tasks
- Must be very detailed oriented and organized
- Able to receive performance feedback
- Must be willing to wear required PPE
- Must have a fundamental understanding of computer operations and applications to perform duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the physical demands required follow:
o The employee is regularly required to stand for several hours; bending and straightening to collect specimen samples from many subjects in hospital beds.
o The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
o The employee is required to walk long distances within a shift on the VACR campus, with steps and stairs.
o They are also required to be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
o Sitting for extended periods may be required when preparing for future collections.
o The phlebotomist will be required to talk in a whisper/very low voice when on the clinic floor.
- Above average communication skills are required; including but not limited to the ability to have one on one conversation with peers, managers or physicians, writing professional and concise emails, communicating feedback, and pointing out an error in a constructive manner.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. They are also required to be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods, telephone conversations, use of electronic mail, writing letters and memos, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, contact with others, conflict situations, making decisions that impact the company, being exact or highly accurate, meeting deadlines, coordinating or leading others, work with external customers or the public, work with others in a group or team, responsibility for work outcomes and results, responsibility for the health and safety of others, exposure to contaminates, wearing common protective or safety equipment, working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.