ProCare Home Medical is the state’s leading provider of home respiratory services and certain medical equipment, including oxygen therapy, sleep apnea treatment and non-invasive ventilation (NIV). Headquartered in Anchorage, ProCare also owns and operates a second location in Fairbanks and serves thousands of patients each year. ProCare is accredited Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP). Additional company information can be found at www.procarehm.com.
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- Responds to emergency calls on an on-call basis.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, nasal CPAP and ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition and home environment.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required.
- At least one year related experience is required.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy, or hold a current RN or LPN license in the state of practice if allowed by the applicable state Respiratory Care Practice Act and other state regulatory agencies.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Successful completion of ProCare’s respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
- Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fairbanks, AK (Preferred)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.