MANAGED HEALTHCARE PARTNERS, LLC
- Records patient vital signs, medical, social, and family history information in the electronic health record 48 hours prior to the visit.
- Performs tests needed for new patients during triage and performs annual tests needed for preventive care during the Annual History and Physical visit.
- Reviews preventive care tests of all patients to comply with HEDIS measures before the visit, ensures physician is aware of new orders needed.
- Ensures that the patient has all necessary results and notes before the visit, reschedules as necessary.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by physician during the visit. Records in the electronic system at real time.
- Performs check-in processes as necessary.
- Collects blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens and performs laboratory tasks when needed.
- Assists physician during examinations.
- Helps providers examine and treats patients handing them instrument materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and sutures. Sterilizes medical instruments.
- Prepares treatment rooms, keeps them neat and clean.
- Keeps workstation area clean, organized and safe.
- Operates electrocardiogram (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Provides patients with instructions as directed by physician. Explains medical procedures to patients.
- Provides patient with education on the use of blood pressure machine.
- Responds to patient calls and messages in a timely manner.
- Answers all telephone calls timely and courteously.
- Works with administrative associates to facilitate patient flow.
- Calls 911 emergency number or ambulance as requested by the physician.
- Assists providers with administrative work as needed.
- Notifies physician of patients that come in with a medical emergency which might need immediate medical attention.
- 2 years of experience in medical setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED, or equivalent training or experience required.
- Previous experience at a medical office.
- Medical Assistant certificate.
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and typing skills.
- Practice Management Software experience.
- Proficient in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a professional, organized detail-oriented team player with effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Possesses compassionate demeanor, excellent customer service skills and high ethical standards.
- HIPAA/OSHA compliance required. CPR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of health care regulatory guidelines and medical terminology a plus.
Note: This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the team member(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual team member.
No Third Party Agencies or Submissions Will Be Accepted.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. DFWP
Opportunities posted here do not create any implied or express employment contract between you and our company / our clients and can be changed at our discretion and / or the discretion of our clients. Any and all information may change without notice. We reserve the right to solely determine applicant suitability. By your submission you agree to all terms herein.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.