Benchmark Home Office
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Regional Director of Finance will assume a lead role in the creation, execution and refinement of profitable financial strategies designed to maximize opportunities for assigned company Properties. Ensure excellence in the assigned property’s day-to-day financial accounting, reporting, analytical and planning functions, as well as the integration of best practices. Develop organizational talent and capacity of the assigned property’s Accounting/Finance Department, by which to support the company’s aggressive growth plans.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or Associates degree with experience preferred.
- Minimum ten years experience in the hospitality field.
- Solid & progressive experience in hospitality finance
- Knowledge of international hospitality finance preferred
- Experience with financial transactions and lender relations
- Understanding of the conference center concept preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory and personnel management experience.
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to sell ideas
- Willing to take risks
- Provide clear and positive leadership and direction to the assigned property finance leaders and support them in their team management to optimize finance responsibilities at the property.
- Provide strategic guidance and input to the assigned properties, interfacing on a consistent regular basis.
- As deemed necessary, respond to inquiries from the Ownership, Lenders, Management Company and others.
- Drive value for each assigned property by initiating process improvements, in conjunction with property Executive Team, that will enhance expense management and provide increased profit flow through.
- Re-engineer processes and reporting to assist the properties in obtaining their strategic goal.
- Partner with the Managing Directors of Operations to create a culture of financial discipline, an entrepreneurial business environment and a customer focused organization.
- In conjunction with the Operations VP’s and SVPs, Property General Manager and Property finance leadership, manage and regulate all management company internal controls.
- Review the internal and external audit reports and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Provide career coaching and counseling to the finance leaders. In conjunction with the Property General Manager, employ standardized, individualized evaluations and cooperative goal setting.
- Work closely with the property Human Resources in recruiting, hiring and training for the DOF/Controller and Assistant Controller positions.
- Develop career and succession plans for each DoF/Controller and Assistant.
- Manage and lead Benchmark property accounting functions to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for assigned portfolio Develop career and succession plans for each DoF/Controller and Assistant with the focus on building and retaining a deep bench of talent.
- Develop and nurture the important relationships with the owners and lenders.
- Ensure that the property is responsive and compliant with required owner reporting and responds quickly to questions and requests.
- The RVP Finance Operations will also be a direct resource to owners and lenders, as well as attend owner meetings on an as needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with debt and lease requirements. Participate as a member of the “Due Diligence Team” and assist with the transition / disposition of the assigned properties.
- Conduct regular and thorough financial reviews, including but not limited to: monthly financial operating statements, cash flow reports, monthly forecasts, and balance sheet and capital budget expenditures.
- Analyze the variances as a result of this evaluation.
- Alert the MDO and CFO, as deemed necessary on significant variances from budget.
- Provide analysis and feedback to the Property GM and finance leaders, as well as the SVP/VP Operations.
- Identify areas for potential financial and operational improvement.
- Coordinate improvements with the team.
- Lead the initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective property cost controls and revenue enhancements.
- Ensure that cash flow management is optimized and excess reserves are invested and/or distributed appropriately.
- Actively participate in the development and review of the; annual operating budget, capital expenditure and business plans, in conjunction with the property and regional teams.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of the budgets.
- Participate in the preparation and final review of the annual business plans.
- Assist in the year-end external audit process. Ensure that the property is prepared and all records completely reconciled with proper documentation for permanent files.
- Coordinate the audit, respond to and approve recommended adjustments.
- In conjunction with the CFO, SVP or VP of Finance, approve the final audit.
- In support of and in conjunction with Property Risk Management personnel, monitor property results and participate with property team to improve performance.
- Work closely with the CFO, SVP & VP of Finance, in developing, implementing and maintaining, financial and operational processes and standards for the properties (“SOPs”).
- In conjunction with the ownership asset manager, support and assist where appropriate with Property Tax assessments and analysis.
- In conjunction with the ownership asset manager, ensure compliance with debt and lease requirements.
- In conjunction with the CFO and ownership, provide assistance and necessary support with the annual property valuations, applicable ROI, IRR, acquisition and disposition due diligence and feasibility analysis, as required by the property Assist and support, as requested, in property financing.
- Fully learn and comprehend all assigned property’s management agreement, loan and ownership entity related documents.
- Support each assigned property with tools and resources to ensure accurate balance sheets, forecasts, business plans, reports etc.
- Ensure accurate, timely reporting for assigned properties in all aspects including daily, weekly, monthly analysis is provided to make appropriate financial decisions.
- Support analytical tools at each assigned property.
- Support the assigned property finance leaders to ensure the full implementation of all aspects of the management agreement, all loan and ownership entity documents with proper reporting, processes and communication.
- Manage risk identification, risk mitigation and internal controls throughout assigned properties by proper oversight, coaching and monitoring of the controls and the performance of each assigned property and timely accurate reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and communication as appropriate to the assigned properties, investors, management and lenders.
- Drive a profitable culture in all aspects of your management of assigned properties through leadership, reporting, finance training and analytics.
- Create an accountable, communicative, team-oriented environment such that each assigned property finance team is striving to achieve and exceed expectations.
- Provide training for finance leaders as appropriate.
- Work closely with the CFO, SVP & VP in all aspects with full engagement, respect and appropriate communication while meeting all commitments.
- Ensure technology is properly staffed, supported and all security is in place at each assigned property.
- Perform in a manner fully aligned with the investor’s objectives and management company’s core values and overall strategic objectives for managing assigned properties.
- Communicate and work effectively with other key executives across various functional lines to build and maintain productive relationships.
- Perform all of the above with the highest standard of excellence and integrity.
- Responsible for all Accounting policies, processes, standard operating procedures and systems at each hotel, and for the effective training of same for the hotel management teams.
- Ensures company practices and financial reporting adheres to the hotel industry’s generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrate positive, proactive coordination with the team of home office finance professionals Interaction with Ownership as required Interaction with Regional VP’s of Operations as required
ENVIRONMENT: Indoor office area with carpet. Well lit with good ventilation.
TRAVEL: Up to 75% Travel required to adequately perform the essential job functions
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.