Neenah Foundry Company
The Region Engineer will serve as the technical leader for an assigned region by gaining specification approval of Neenah Foundry products among municipalities, DOTs, consulting engineers, large developers, and other appropriate specification influencers that result in profitable sales that meet growth goals.
Job duties may change over time and additional job functions may become essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gain customer specification approval of Neenah Foundry products at the municipalities and other specification decision makers within the assigned sales region.
- Identify, contact, and present to civil engineers to obtain approval for Neenah Foundry products to be added to annual quotation process.
- Identify the key individuals in the municipal organizations that influence the designation of specific vendors and products in their locality via APL: Approved Products List or similar “pre approvals”, and gain acceptance.
- Establish a standard meeting routine to present new products and write technical justifications to civil engineers to address localized infrastructure issues.
- Utilize all the available electronic media, including third party Construction Project and Specification Data Bases, to perform subject research.
- Lead the technical aspect of trade shows, on site seminars, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and follow up with leads obtained.
- Serve as the technical leader for the assigned region including answering technical questions from customers, and the education/certification of regional employees in all product lines.
- Prepare specific product presentations focused on the customer’s projects and needs.
- Prepare and present specific, targeted PowerPoint presentations highlighting the advantages of doing business with NF and defining the specific products and attributes that make those products attractive to the customer. Continue to be a resource to these customers as the project life cycle proceeds through the completion of design and into the bid process.
- Organize and facilitate product development brainstorming sessions that allow the customer to describe the attributes and performance requirements of products not yet available in the marketplace.
- Develop in depth understanding of market trends, competition, application and future needs in order to generate new product and application ideas and plans that result in preferential specification position.
Expected Areas of Competence (KSAs)
- Exhibit knowledge & practical application of engineering principles, knowledge of fluid flow and fluid dynamics, weir calculations and flow rates, strength of materials, and general civil design
- Conduct meetings in conjunction with the Outside Sales Representatives and the Municipal Authorities that approve the specifications for our products, including state DOT’s and other specification influencers
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and specifications, and perform take-offs.
- Review drawings for compliance with generally accepted engineering and foundry standards, as well as conformance to industry standards provided by ASTM and AASHTO
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing process and design capabilities of Neenah Foundry products
- Ability to effectively communicate, and understand customer’s requirements
- Develop new product ideas
- Understand municipal infrastructure construction including roads, bridges and underground utilities
This position description is intended to cover the most significant, ongoing job functions and competency areas. Successful performance in the role will require performing satisfactorily other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Science degree in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The worker must be able to access, analyze and otherwise work with, enter information stored in or obtained through the company’s computer system, and to communicate effectively with co-workers and third parties who have business dealings with the company.
Overnight travel expected to be between 4-8 nights per month. Weekend trade shows or sales meetings may be required. Must live within 60 minutes of a primary airport for travel purposes.
Candidates for positions with NEI, Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All offers of employment will be conditioned upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-hire background check and drug screen. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NEI, including Neenah Foundry Company and its subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
EEO/AAP/Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and
Individual with Disabilities
From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.