San Jose Country Club
Established in 1899, San Jose Country Club has a rich golf history as it was the eighth golf course to open in California. SJCC was the founding member of the Northern California Golf Association and was originally designed by Tom Nicoll, a Scottish-born professional and the Club’s first head pro, with renovations by A.W. Tillinghast (1936), and John Harbottle (1997). Harbottle thought that the course has “a touch of Scotland”, likening it to Gleneagles. In addition to the golf course, San Jose Country Club features full club amenities including a pool and driving range. The clubhouse offers fine dining and has banquet space capable of hosting banquets, weddings, and other events. For more information, please visit http://www.sanjosecountryclub.org
Directs the financial activities of the club. Develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develops, establishes and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepares financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintains all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Evaluates operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operational policies, trends and increased profit possibilities. Supervises the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop policies and procedures to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, cost control, payroll, taxes and related financial activities and records.
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Prepare, verify and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for club management, the Home Office, clients, outside agencies and trade and professional organizations.
- Monitor expenditures and advise management about variances relative to the budget and financial aspects of their areas.
- Manage and conduct internal auditing programs to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Work with external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with company policies.
- Direct, participate in and verify the taking of various inventories for beverages, food, supplies, merchandise, equipment, furnishings, etc. Approve inventory work sheets and spot check cross checked prices.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point of sale revenues, tax liabilities, cost of goods sold, cash and charge receipts. Prepare the cash report and reconcile bank statements.
- Manage the petty cash and operating cash fund.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all insurance policies, business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and appropriate records are current and properly maintained.
- Effectively interact in a positive and professional manner and maintain harmonious relationships with clients, municipal officials, community organizations, and fellow co-workers.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- College degree with accounting and/or finance emphasis preferred.
- 2 years accounting and/or financial control experience and supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated capability with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Must have experience with Jonas Club Software.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Accounting Assistant, Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting or Controller: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.