Sonora Quest Laboratories
(FA) 0.9 – 36-39 Hours
Rotating, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Required to Work:
Early AM Phlebotomist needed for full time at Banner Gateway Medical Center
Our hospital phlebotomists are responsible for collecting and processing patient biological specimens, including: blood, sputum, stool, urine, and saliva, etc. As the initiator of the diagnostic process at Banner Health inpatient facilities, phlebotomists are the laboratory’s direct link to and primary resource for patient care. As a hospital Phlebotomist, you will work in an inpatient hospital environment, covering all patient floors, working with all patient ages. The phlebotomist is the “face of the laboratory” and is responsible for quality specimen collection and processing as well as focused patient care. Our hospital phlebotomists help drive the patient experience for Banner and for the laboratory’s reputation as a whole.
So, what does a Hospital Phlebotomist do?
- Makes rounds to all hospital floors collecting specimens from patients in varying degrees of acuity.
- Works in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Works a rotating schedule, including week days, weekends, and holidays.
- Complies with all policies and procedures with an emphasis on safety and proper patient identification.
- May push a cart or carry a tray to each patient’s room for collection.
- Demonstrates excellent venipuncture skill and technique with every patient experience.
- Fields incoming customer service inquiries via phone, fax, or email.
- Assists with inventory, maintenance and any other tasks to ensure an efficient and patient focused workflow.
Who you are:
- A knowledgeable, positive, and detail oriented phlebotomist.
- You work well alone and as part of a team.
- You are capable of completing specimen collection in your assigned area in a timely fashion.
- Passionate about patient care. Patient well-being is your bottom line and everything you do on a daily basis is to ensure the patient is receiving the best possible experience.
- Professional and reliable. Knowing that you make the difference in patient diagnostics by showing up, on time, every day to work.
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to learn.
- Comfortable with following company policy and procedures at all times.
- Integrity is a word someone would use to describe you.
Who you are not:
- Uncomfortable with computer data entry.
- Sedentary. This position involves a lot of walking including with a tray or a cart.
- Uncomfortable with working weekends or holidays and with showing up to work on time.
- Easily overwhelmed.
- More focused on office politics and gossip than patient care.
- More concerned with taking breaks or scheduling lunch than with the needs of the patient.
- Uncomfortable with traumatic illness and bedridden patients.
- High school diploma or GED. Foreign diplomas need a Foreign Credential Evaluation performed.
- Completed a phlebotomy program or have on the job phlebotomy experience
- Excellent customer service with a patient and compassionate bedside manner.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to patient care and experience.
- Respectful of the hospital work environment.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus. Knowledge of medical terminology.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.