Dupage Medical Group
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Monday- Friday, Must be willing to work variable shifts between7:00am-7:00pm.
- Every other Saturday required from 7:00am-12:30pm.
- Location: Split between Tinley Park and Joliet locations
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Director, Manager or Supervisor, the Phlebotomist I performs Laboratory procedures in Phlebotomy and other Specimen Collections, Specimen Processing and/or any other General duties, as necessary, under the direction of a licensed laboratory supervisor. The Phlebotomist I presents a professional, courteous and respectful demeanor when engaging with patients, co-workers, other staff and general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending on Practice Site Requirements, not all duties listed may be performed. However, it is expected MOST duties will be performed. Travel to other sites may be required.
- Perform phlebotomy on adult and pediatric patients by vascular access (venipuncture) or capillary collection (finger stick) using aseptic protocols, accurate patient identification and proper labeling procedures.
- Monitor phone and voice mail messages, as necessary
- Monitor collection supply inventory and order supplies as necessary
- Receive patients professionally and courteously utilizing AIDET and positive patient experience tools
- Perform specimen centrifugation, processing, prepping for reference lab transportation, storage and retrieval
- Utilize computer skills to accurately access patient/testing information, as necessary
- Produce patient demographic sheet and prepare additional paperwork to accompany specimens, as necessary
- Maintain a clean patient and working environment.
- Perform other assigned duties, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Service Orientation: Anticipating, recognizing and meeting the needs of patients and clinicians in a courteous timely manner.
- Oral Communication: Listening openly and clearly conveying messages and information.
- Written Communication and Comprehension: Writing clearly using professional grammar, symbols and medical terminology. Able to decipher and comprehend writings and documentation of others.
- Team Work: Working effectively and respectfully with others to enhance positive patient experiences and accomplish goals and objectives. Willingly offering assistance to others.
- Attention to Detail/High Level of Accuracy: Approaching job carefully and methodically to ensure all steps are covered.
- Able to Prioritize and Multi-task: Properly prioritizing work/assignments on a daily basis. Able to change priorities while still maintaining efficiency as circumstances dictate.
- Able to Perform Collections, Processing: Demonstrating appropriate and accurate techniques and abilities to perform daily tasks.
EDUCATION and / or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- National Phlebotomy Certification or qualified to sit for phlebotomy certification exam preferred
- Prior experience as a Phlebotomist OR an equivalent combination of graduation from a certified phlebotomy school coupled with work experience in a healthcare field preferred.
- Moderate knowledge of medical terminology, excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.