Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Phlebotomist for the American Red Cross!
In this role you will primarily work at one of our fixed site locations performing apheresis phlebotomy. You may also help with some whole blood collection as well. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
Phlebotomist – Responsibilities
- Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
- May perform any or all blood collection procedures (may include allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic; automated red cell and platelet pheresis) donor collections.
- May perform all types of donor health history screening and eligibility procedures.
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation.
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our donors
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there. Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Why the American Red Cross?
We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required
- A current, valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- RN or LPN or equivalent experience is preferred but not required. We offer paid training.
Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About American Red Cross
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. The American Red Cross is part of the world’s largest volunteer network found in 187 countries.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.