American Red Cross
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. Our focus is to provide compassionate patient and family-centered care both internally and externally with every person we encounter. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
To learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have every day, watch this short video:
The Men and Women Behind Our Mission
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. May perform any or all blood collection procedures (may include allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic; automated red cell and platelet Apheresis) donor collections. May performs all types of donor health history screening and eligibility procedures.
3. Conduct donor greeting, donor reaction care and processing and packing of blood as assigned.
4. Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
5. Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
6. May operate ARC vehicles. May transport supplies and equipment in a state of readiness and to ensure compliance. May operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. Collections Staff that is hired with DOT driving responsibilities will perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol.
7. Load, set up, maintain and tear down supplies and equipment in a state of readiness and to ensure compliance.
8. May perform therapeutic apheresis according to established procedures and protocols as assigned.
9. May perform competency assessments.
10. May perform drive charge/team lead duties independently in the absence of a Team Supervisor when assigned.
11. May perform autologous/allogeneic mini-operations independently.
12. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
13. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Performs high level collections operational functions. May include drive charge/lead, therapeutic apheresis, single person operations, and primary trainer under the direction of a supervisor. Must be able to work independently with attention to detail. Able to lead a team and correct any drive operational efficiencies. Apply good manufacturing practices to drive operations ensuring overall compliance.
Balance production, customer service and compliance on a day-to-day basis to ensure integrity of the product and optimum donor experience. As integral link between donors and ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
May drive ARC vehicles throughout the blood region to collection sites, set-up and tear down and provide other related donor and operation support. Will have frequent external customer (donor and sponsor) contact.
1. Minimum ONE year experience or documented satisfactory performance as a Phlebotomist.
2. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required.
3. Previous leadership experience is preferred.
4. A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
5. Basic computer skills desirable.
6. Applicable local licensure if required by state directives.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.