Schedule: M 11A-5P, Tue: 7A-1P, Wed 7A-1P, Thur 7A-1P, Fri 11A-5P
Possible sat 8-12 if needed. Applicant must be flexible to assist with additional hours in needed.
The Phlebotomist provides expertise in blood draws and specimen preparation. Their ability to put patients at ease and obtain sufficient samples with minimal discomfort to patients across a wide demographic is critical to our commitment to high quality care for our patients and those of our partners.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understand all of the physicians’ orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
- Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires certification)
- Minimum of 6 months’ work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by phone
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.