Title: Phlebotomist (Collections Specialist I)
Company: Memorial Blood Centers
Department: Collections Northland Vans and Mobiles Team
Location: Duluth, MN
Hours: *Full-Time, 0.8 FTE (32 hours/week) or 0.5FTE (20 hours/week)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO and EST to name a few!
*Hours are irregular and include some weekends and evenings as well as overnight travel.
Accurately obtains and documents donor medical information. Efficiently and effectively performs donor phlebotomies in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure that the blood supply is safe, pure, and potent. Attention is paid to accurate and concurrent documentation, taking blood samples, and working with blood donors. Maintains a professional appearance and attitude while ensuring excellent customer service. Consults supervisor regarding phlebotomy difficulties and unusual findings with the donor health assessment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and supports organizational Vision and Mission. Contributes to the fulfillment of these goals through professionalism in customer service behaviors and accuracy of work. The employee must be courteous, conscientious, and professional when dealing with both internal and external customers. Donors are treated with respect, courtesy and attention. Promotes teamwork and communication internally and externally. Fosters team spirit to facilitate smooth, effective management of donation events. Demonstrates dependability, punctuality, and cooperation.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own performance. Responds positively to supervisory directions and constructive criticism. Uses knowledge/training based good judgment in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of established policies and procedures within the department, as outlined in the procedure manual, to ensure that the blood supply is safe, pure, and potent. Follows established procedures during performance of job tasks. Complies with safety procedures, personnel practices, and confidentiality policies.
- Works independently to efficiently and effectively perform donor physical assessment procedures. Documents results concurrent with performance on the Donor Medical Record. Possesses knowledge and ability to determine hematocrit and vital signs and recognize unusual findings. Accepts donor based on this knowledge, reporting unusual findings to supervisor.
- Works independently to efficiently and effectively perform donor medical interview. Possesses knowledge of donor acceptability criteria and recognizes unusual findings. Accepts donors based on this knowledge, reporting unusual findings to supervisor. Accurately documents all interview information.
- Works independently to efficiently and effectively perform donor phlebotomies using aseptic methods. Identifies donor and labels collection bag and pilot tubes properly.
- Ensures accuracy, acceptability, and completeness of documentation to prevent loss of units.
- Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy care to donor.
- Appropriately uses and manages all equipment used in the whole blood collection process to minimize cost of equipment maintenance and repair.
- Assures a clean and orderly work area including maintenance of supplies. Adheres to safety guidelines to assure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintains composure in the work place and manages conflicts appropriately to ensure that all blood collection events run efficiently and smoothly.
- Participates in all mandatory training, retraining, staff meetings, continuing education, and cGMP training. Documents attendance appropriately. Completes competency testing on time as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
– High School diploma or equivalent
– Prior phlebotomy and customer service experience preferred.
– Phlebotomy Certificate desired
– Local travel is required. Must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments. Mileage reimbursed for use of personal vehicle in mobile operations.
– Ability to meet a fluctuating scheduling including and average of two-three overnight trips per month.
Physical Demands: Required to regularly stand, use hands, reach with arm, and talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens. Employee may be exposed to inclement weather while working on the mobile units. Employee will experience close/small work spaces on mobile unit buses. Vibration and motion are common on mobile unit buses.
Memorial Blood Centers, a Division of Innovative Blood Resources, is an EEO/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workforce and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.