The primary purpose of this position is to perform phlebotomy, and to report results accurately. Position will be staffed during clinic hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform phlebotomy and procedures on patients of all ages as ordered by the physicians.
2. Stock draw stations and bathrooms.
3. Process requests via computer/write up lab slips.
4. Process requests for reference lab send outs.
5. Check phlebotomy supplies and submit orders to supervisor.
6. Willingness to share responsibility other than regular assigned duties for the day.
7. Attend professional seminars and share resources with coworkers.
8. Greet patients and schedules appointments in a manner that is consistent with clinic policies and procedures.
- Schedules patient’s lab appointments, coordinating all information together for patient per request by Providers.
- Prepares patient intake slips for HP lab and/or outside lab orders, verifying demographic information, requesting needed information and attaching appropriate forms.
- Process lab orders via LIS/ clinic computer system.
- Verify insurance information
- Ensures all proper diagnosis codes and pertinent patient information is accurate prior to laboratory testing.
- Obtain signatures on required forms as needed.
- Prepare Advanced Beneficiary Notices forms as needed.
- Work on lab appt. schedules for next day appointments.
- Routes medical information to the appropriate file or personnel ensuring information is accurate and completed.
- Keep lab order files up to date and well organized.
- Fax completed lab testing reports to outside specialty physicians and file appropriately.
- Greets patients for Occupational Drug testing.
- Verify providers and coverage concerns for patients prior to laboratory testing.
- Organizes and maintains a clean and efficient work space.
- Greets and arrives vendors for meetings with Laboratory Services Manager.
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2. Attends relevant training sessions, in-services and departmental and organizational meetings.
3. Expected to abide by the ergonomic recommendations of this job description.
4. Abides by OSHA universal precaution laws and rules.
5. Abides by CLIA laws and expectations.
6. Conforms to dress code and personnel policies.
7. Adheres to the philosophy and provides comprehensive care according to a patient centered healthcare clinic.
1. Is subject to interruptions, imposed deadlines and frequent problem-solving activities
2. May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, staff, and personnel from other agencies.
3. Flexibility in scheduling to meet department needs.
4. Standard Office Environment.
Page 3 of 3
1. Abide by ergonomic recommendations of the position.
2. Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetic devices that will enable these senses to function adequately.
3. Sit for several hours.
4. Subject to lifting and carrying supplies averaging 25 lbs. (i.e. cartons of paper, medical supplies, office supplies, etc.).
5. Repetitive motions involving use of phone and keyboard.
Job Type: Full-time
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.