Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Wednesday 10:30am-7:30pm. Occasionally you will be required to work Wednesday 8:00am-4:30pm.
The Phlebotomist provides expertise in blood draws and specimen preparation. Their ability to put patients at ease and obtain sufficient samples with minimal discomfort to patients across a wide demographic is critical to our commitment to high quality care for our patients and those of our partners.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established procedures.
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understand all of the physicians’ orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen.
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries.
- Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires certification)
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience performing venipunctures in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by phone
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.