Performs phlebotomy using standard techniques for venipunctures, heel sticks and finger sticks. Provide instruction and/or assistance with the collection of non-blood specimens.
- Collects and processes patient specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and within expected timeframes both on and off site as required. (60%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (15%)
- Performs laboratory support duties (e.g., order entry, registration, specimen receiving, etc.) to ensure efficient operations. (20%)
- May mentor students in phlebotomy utilizing AHN policies and procedures. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Phlebotomy training.
- Six months’ phlebotomy experience.
- Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work location.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.